Sunday 12 February 2012

Urban Welly Wearers.

So I sit here, watching the snow fall... and I half hope it will settle and be pretty and I half wish it would cease. (When I started writing this it was snowing)
Partially I want to curl up in a blanket, and partially want to sit outside on the balcony and watch it fall while listening to Explosions In The Sky.
Walking home from the station felt peaceful.
Not that anyone else thought so...

But what makes me laugh is city dwellers in wellington boots. Not laugh in a way that finds me mocking, more laugh in a way that... I get it. Perfectly pristine, shiny, never seen mud in their short rubbery lives, wellies. Myself very much included in that category, may I add.
Plastic boots usually in a fun colour or pattern, or emblazoned with the coveted Hunter logo...
None of those proper green farm wellies roun' these 'ere parts!


These particularly adorable boots were originally bought to stomp around in the mud on set of a war film one weekend, but that job fell through.. Grumble grumble, moan moan. (I did wear them around the flat for a while out of sheer love for them, mainly while cooking.)
Naturally, I couldn't go for the cheap, plain boots that were on sale - OH NO, Miss Doomsday wants only the best dressed feet in the trenches. And, I think you'll agree... they're mighty purdy <3.
Even if the trenches part didn't happen...
And even at full price.. £35 (from Bullfrog Footwear in Greenwich) isn't so steep a price.
AND I LOVE them. So hard.

Sooooo... without further ado; here's a selection of the cutest wellington boots on the market at the moment:

Urban Welly Wearers

Joule
$59 - joules.com

Joule
£33 - joules.com

Joule
$59 - joules.com

Mel shoes
£38 - schuh.co.uk

Warrior Princess Flex - Flex range
£45 - wedgewelly.co.uk



 
As a kid I did own a pair of the standard green wellies, I feel like it's somewhat of a requirement when being brought up surrounded by fields. They were used solely for being marched to the woods or said surrpunding fields on family dog walking expeditions, and usually ended up with me calf-deep in a pond because even more so as a child... I was never that ladylike.

I also, as a much smaller kid, was the owner of a pair of these.

And I definitely wish I was still able to get some for my now adult sized feet.
Those, and some cute knit tights and a pretty dress... my feet would be dry AND adorable.

Welly wearers of London... Unite!
I'm all for it. Bring on the snow, rain, puddles and maybe even some mud... if you can find it.


Work got really busy lately, and my blogging has been dwindling... but I have a whole bunch of stuff to write so I will be catching up with you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment