Thursday 2 February 2012

Rawr!

What could be more entertaining than myself having a spontaneous and seemingly relentless nosebleed for 75% of my time on the Northern Line this morning?
Nothing, if you are anyone except me.. I would assume.

No matter, no matter. Nothing can bring me down when I am wearing my dinosaur skirt!
You heard me right... My dinosaur skirt.

Clearly, my failure of a phone (upgrade day tomorrow, by the way!) isn't going to cope taking photos. But this is the fabric, praise be to Google!

It is potentially my favourite thing I have ever made... forget the fancy corsets, elaborate 18th Century gowns, meticulously feathered parrot tutus or stylish 50's frocks, it's all about the dinos! (Though the idea of a 50's frock in the same fabric has been playing on my mind, let's not pretend that wouldn't be adorable)
 

Making simple garments from slightly unlikely and fun fabrics really appeals to me, and I often find myself with itchy fingers if I haven't been sewing in a while. I don't really get much chance to get to that point these days though to be fair.
There's a limit to how many of these my wardrobe will handle though... I need to start making and selling these :)

Some fabrics I have my eye on:



And I'm positive I could sell a few with this fabric ;] 


(All prints found on http://www.jandofabrics.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment