Wednesday 25 January 2012

Songs that make you smile.

Public transport being a major factor in being late for work could only be made worse by the heavens opening at the exact same moment you realise cannot even get into the tube station.
Needless to say, that was the daily commute from hell.

But there's things that make you smile no matter what else is going on, right?
Whether it's a smile from a stranger, or remembering a silly conversation out of nowhere...  For me it's quite often songs. You know the kind, the ones that come on the radio in the studio, or your iPod as you walk down the street and you can't help but beam and dance a little as you sing along. (And slightly wish that you life was a broadway musical and everyone else was about to spontaneously join in?  Admittedly, I  might be alone with that part)

So. Grumpy, late for work commuter Suzi with soggy feet descends on Deptford High Street with a face like thunder only to be greeted by the sight of the African gentleman who is sat outside the little Rag-n-Bone vintage shop across the road from the station. A shop worth a visit, too, may I add.
Every morning he will be sat there with his wireless looking happy as Larry and watching the the rest of  us scowel at the world. On the day in question, however, the song that met my ears improved my general morning mood.
I have no explanation for my love of this, other than that it genuinely makes me want to boogie.


What a winner.
I once has a similar experience concerning a gloriously sunny day, a very croweded Wimbledon town centre and Paolo Nutini - Pencil Full of Lead on my iPod.
And ohhh did I dance through town. You better believe it.

 


How about:
 

Orrrr, for my darling Panda:

3 comments:

  1. Gurrrrl you know it's all about Footloose!

    (Can't actually post this comment until AFTER I've played the video. Let the sitting down boogie commence.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a bit of Paolo!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adore him!! And that is just *such* a happy song :) x

      Delete